Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
multiple viruses in 17 month old
Allyssamom posted:
I have a 17 month old son who has had a virus for 15 out of the 17 months of his life. They are of course different viruses but definitely makes me wonder what is going on. He is allergic to dairy and soy but doesn't not have that in his diet. He seems to be sick all the time. Any ideas as to what to try besides putting him in a bubble?

kay_kay75 responded:
I would say allergy testing would be in order, he may have a gluten intolerance or allergy that is causing more issues.

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
What sorts of symptoms does your son have that have been attributed to viruses? How long to the symptoms last? Does he get over them, or are the symptoms just continuous from month to month? Is he exposed to a lot of virus, perhaps from day care?

What sorts of symptoms occurred with exposure to soy and dairy that led to the diagnosis of allergy?

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.