Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Very Sick child but NO ONE WILL listen to MOM!
An_245185 posted:
My daughter is 20 months old. She started talking at four months, reading by ten months and WAS speaking in full sentences and reading at about a first grade level. She was developing at a perfect rate according to her doctor and all of my fears were sort of dismissed as a worrisome mommy condition....Now I am at a point where I think we are critical and if someone doesn't order these damned tests she could lose all motor coordination and ability to communicate!

She still does some of the other stuff but she has had some serious gastro issues....along with the neurological symptoms

What our concern is: She sometimes has such difficulty walking that she has to brace herself against the wall. She stutters, slurs her words and even sometimes uses random words that dont fit what she is looking at.
She toe walks ALOT and she is getting worse. It used to be rarely but now it is every day...and sometimes it lasts all day.

WHAT DO I DOOOOO???PLEASE.... No one will order any neuro tests. I just need ONE doctor to take my word and order these tests!

PenelopesMommy responded:
I should add: We are waiting on blood work and stool samples from her gastro doc but she has yet to see the neurologist. I think she needs tests NOW!

phoenix31674 responded:
Have you flat out asked your pedi why s/he won't order the tests or put in for a neuro consult? Have you asked for second opinion from another doc in the practice or your insurance network to discuss your concern about her regression? Regression should be looked into and not just dismissed. Just keep pushing until you get an answer you are happy with.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon -

Are you close to a large children's hospital or university medical center? Please be persistent, keep calling to document her daily struggles and your concerns.

Please keep us posted,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Toddlers and Calcium
Toddlers need calcium for healthy bones/teeth. 700 mg/day = 2-3 eight oz glasses of milk but also in other food/fortified sources as well. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.