Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
My 2 1/2 year old Daughter has blood in her stool?
perez125 posted:
I need advise from someone, my 2 1/2 girl has bloody stool and also hard stool. She does not has any fever or complaints of any pain but the blood in her stool really scares me

ami_nix responded:
It could just be surface damage from constipation but, I would still take her to the ER! Better safe than sorry.. Keep us posted!
Noah's mom~"Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life" - Sophocles

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
Blood after a hard stool is quite common in kids. You ought to take her to your pediatrician, during regular hours, to discuss the constipation and your long-term approach and to confirm that there is nothing else going on.

Best of luck!

Helpful Tips

"Napux, the Cow" - Improving Healthy Habits trough Community TV in Mexico
Mexico has become the fattest country in the world, but at the same time here in the state of Chiapas there are children starving. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.