Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
19 day old baby gets fussier daily
mom2aboy3 posted:
my baby just gets fussier and fussier every day he was born alittle early by a few days he was born at 36 weeks 4 days he had issues at first with gaining weight but i think hes doing better he was 7lbs 4 oz at birth left hospital 2 days after birth and was 7lbs even and 2 days later had his first pedi apt and was the same 7lbs his pedi told us to feed him 2 oz every 2 hours so hes on this schedule now and at his 2 week check up he weighed 7lbs 14 oz i think thats good for his age thats on average an ounce a day well my concern is he spits up threw his nose and hes fussy all the time it seems when hes awake also now hes up every hour during the night im getting hardly any sleep his pedi when i expressed the worrie said he has reflux ive done some research and all is there anythign i can do besides make sure he is elevated when he sleeps his doc didnt mention anythign bout medication or anythign like that is there hope he might get better soon

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
The weight gain is fine, but all of this fussiness sounds rough, and exhausting. I think you need to be back in touch with the pediatrician to confirm that it's reflux and review treatment options. There are a lot of questions to explore: To start with, is he breast or bottle fed? How quickly/how much does he eat?

mom2aboy3 replied to Roy Benaroch, MD's response:
he eats 2 oz every hour an half to 2 hours is what his pedi told us to feed him when he went for his first check up when he was 4 days old because when we left the hospital he was only drinking an ounce every three hours he told us he wouldnt gain much if he stayed at the ounce when we told him he wouldnt take more then an ounce he told us to force him he is formula feed he was on newborn enfamil but wic doesnt cover that so few days ago he was switched to enfamil infant i tryed to breast feed but my milk didnt come in so they told me to just feed him from bottle after trying for almost 2 weeks and we were at time also doing the ounce with formula he had a harsh coming in to the world he his cord was wraped round his neck and had to be cut before he was completely out of me also his head was smaller then rest of his body his shoulders got stuck inside of me his head arms and fingers were all bruised when he was born he also was born naturally circumsized like his father

grlsrockmom74 responded:
Alot of women are finding that during the birthing process there baby has had something popped out of place. If your baby is still fussy all the time i HIGHLY recommend you bring the infant to a chiropractor. I tell women this all the time and out of the 13 I have told 11 of them found it to be the answer. I know it sounds off the wall but it is more common then you would believe. It is a one time visit and a whole new baby

Helpful Tips

"Napux, the Cow" - Improving Healthy Habits trough Community TV in Mexico
Mexico has become the fattest country in the world, but at the same time here in the state of Chiapas there are children starving. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.