Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Summer plans - Vacations, camps, childcare.....
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
School is coming to a close, do you have your summer schedule organized? Keeping school age kids entertained and occupied over the summer takes much planning!

I work from home which makes it both easier and more difficult to manage an active 7 year old. She is excited to attend a Broadway musical type camp to perform Seussical Jr., Camp Invention, and a marine science station camp. We will also throw in a few sleepovers and she plans to make a lemonade stand with friends.

What are your summer plans? Whether you work or stay at home share your tips about getting through the long days of summer.

Elizabeth

baby1at35 responded:
I am a SAHM and trying to balance both having home time and structured times.
Next week they have Vacation Bible school in the morning.
We start baseball the next week until July 21st.
We are on vacation for a week.
I have some hour long "camp type things at the Y " so they can have fun while I work out.
I also have an afternoon week long camp in July at the Childrens Museum.
We have a zoo pass and childrens museum pass as well that keeps us busy.
We are busy! But we do have enough home time in there to relax, play games , outdoor time as well as we fit some pool time in too !
Oh and signed them up for the summer reading program and we read at night before bed.

lillief replied to baby1at35's response:
Thank you. Well not sure exactly but plan to visit parents this summer along with child.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to baby1at35's response:
Museum and zoo passes sound awesome!

I struggle with balancing free time and structured time. I guess I remember the long, lazy days of summer, wandering around neighborhoods, lots of free time.

I worry about over scheduling, but I would rather her have fun with other kids than get stuck at home in front of the TV.

We are doing a summer workbook program for school and have designated Friday as Science Fridays. I found a fun science book for $1 at Target! Tomorrow we are making a lava lamp.

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.