Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Ring worm like spots
LauraElliott posted:
About a year and nine months ago my daughter, who is now 5, developed a spot on her left leg below her knee. We had suspected it was ring worm and tried using an antifungal cream on it, which had no effect. The spot increasingly started to grow from the size of a nickle to a little bigger than the size of a golf ball. Along with this one spot growing she has developed one on her left cheek, one on her inner left leg near her ankle, a small one near the one below her knee, and one on the outer part of her left foot. She also runs fevers for no apparent reason causes blistering within the sores and makes them worse, she has constant body aches, the doctor's have said sometimes her white blood count is a little low or high, and she gets sick a lot. What could be the cause of this?

mom2aboy3 responded:
they should be doing more extent bloodwork and making sure her spline is doing its job and all for fighting colds and what not keep consulting the docs on this hope soon shes better also is she still having the problem with the spots consult a dermatologist for these

Helpful Tips

Parenting and health tweets from Dr RoyExpert
Hello everyone-- I've been a volunteer contributor here on this board for a few years now, and hopefully my posts have been helpful. I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.