Skip to content
How do you help your child manage their allergy symptoms when the medicine isn't enough?
marie_magnolia posted:
My daughter (7) is alergic to pets, pollen, mold and dust. She was prescribed OTC Claritin. She is still having coughing that is disruptive to her sleep.

Anyone have any ideas on how to help?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi marie_magnolia -

Yikes! Is she seeing an allergy specialist?

We have a Allergy Community, you can also post your concerns there for additional member and possible expert response.

And these resources may also be helpful -
Keeping Kids Happy Despite Allergy Symptoms
Allergy Health Center


Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.