Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
polio vaccine
remana posted:
Hi,

My baby girl has received the three doses of polio vaccination at 2m, 4m, and 6m. we went for her 1 year vaccination, they gave her a fourth shot of polio by mistake. so she got 4 doses of polio within her first year. Is there any chance that could cause her any harm?

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
Almost certainly not. With every dose of any vaccine, there is a very small chance of a reaction (and a very very very small chance of a serious reaction.) If your baby had the dose, and has since seemed fine, then there is not any reason to think that there will be any problems later on.

Your child will need one further dose of polio vaccine at age 4-5 for full protection.

Best of luck!

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.