Skip to content


Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Radioulnar Synostosis
Lyrique10 posted:
How have people adapted to this?
Are there exercises that can be done to help with this?
My 2 year old daughter has it in her left arm.
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Barbara and Welcome -

I am sorry to hear you and your daughter are struggling with this condition. I found a few discussions and resources that may be helpful -

Can't supinate left wrist
Ulna and radius fused together - Many responses with good real life experience.
Radial-Ulnar Synostosis - Medscape article
Treatment - Medscape

As Dr. Benaroch mentioned a university medical center may have a hand/upper extremity specialist that can follow and advise you on possible treatment and outcomes.

Please let us know if this is helpful and keep us posted,
Lyrique10 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much for the links. I am trying to make an appointment for Boston Children's Hospital to get more answers specific to my daughter.
It is a huge relief to see that there is an online community for this.
Thank you for your attention!
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Lyrique10's response:
Hi Barbara -

Good to know you are going to go to the Children's Hospital.

Be sure to let us know what you find out,

Helpful Tips

Parenting and health tweets from Dr RoyExpert
Hello everyone-- I've been a volunteer contributor here on this board for a few years now, and hopefully my posts have been helpful. I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.