Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Violent Movies.............
UTMomofTwo posted:
I am SO frustrated with DH. I can't number the amount of times I have asked him NOT to watch violent movies with our son. DS is 9. DH likes to bond with him over James Bond movies and the like. I am not okay with that because our son has an obsession with guns to the point that even his friends who are boys find it TOO much!!

Last night at dinner DH and DS were playing which line is this movie from. My son says some line, to which, DH responds " 'The Negotiator'!! Great job!!" REALLY!?!??!?!?! The Negotiator, the R-Rated movie based on hostages, violence and guns???? REALLY????

I thought it was bad (and told him so) when I found out they watched 'The Matrix' together!!!!!!

What can I say to get through to him???????????????

I am going to set up family therapy, but I am DONE!!!!! I just wish there were a way to help him to understand the harm he is doing!!!!

Thanks for listening to my venting...................

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome and Hello UTMomofTwo -

Yikes! I have a 7 year old and we are still sticking to G rated.
These articles may spark good conversation -

Media Violence May Affect Children's Minds
Kids and Violent Movies: A Scary Trend

How are other moms and dads handling when to broaden the viewing horizons?

Looking forward to hearing some opinions,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.