Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Can a toddler with almost all her teeth in get cut on a plastic water bottle?
Xeoghi9 posted:
My daughters mom took the liberty of taking an empty plastic water bottle out of my hand and throwing it out the window in front of her 8 yr old and our 15 mnth old because she didnt want the lil one to get cut on the bottle and claimed she just wanted to chew on it. But, when our lil Jasmine had the bottle in hand she just fingered the cap as if trying to get of so i took of earlier and she tilted it back. No harm in letting her play with an empty bottle and learn how to use it supervised or am i totally wrong here? Everything is no to our daughter and it kills me to see as she has custody and our Jasmine is so very intelligent and very, very inquisitive. Inhibiting learning is a major problem and I just don't see how learning is bad.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Xeoghi9 and Welcome -

Well, I guess anything is possible, but it seems the bigger problem is communication between you and your daughters mom. If one parent feels strongly about something, it could be communicated and perhaps a comprise made, even if it does seem silly or impossible to the other parent.

Kids certainly pick up on the tension in conversations. Even if you are not divorced, this article, The Top 5 Mistakes Divorced Parents Make , may be helpful in navigating your relationship and communication.

Also, check out our Single Parents Community to connect and network with others in your similar situation.

Hoping you find ways make parenting fun and healthy for Jasmine,
Elizabeth

Xeoghi9 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much. I am checking http://exchanges.webmd.com/single-parents as you referred to try and help make light of and deal with not being able to make decisions in her life as her father and I really hope it helps. Take care Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Toddlers and Calcium
Toddlers need calcium for healthy bones/teeth. 700 mg/day = 2-3 eight oz glasses of milk but also in other food/fortified sources as well. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.