Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

6 year old vomiting every night
ltlhlpfrmafriend posted:
I just moved in with my GF who has a 6 year old son, he about 2 weeks ago began vomiting every night between 3 and 5 and then would have diarreah first part of the morning. He went away for the second week to hs grandma's some place more familiar and he was kept closely to the brat diet his symptoms went away but upon his return he began vomiting at night again but now has he abscence of the diarreah and is happy and active in the daytime.
he is beggining to ask us why cant I make it through the night? please any help or ideas? His diet hasnt changed, he recently got a new bed and bedding and living with me is a new thing he has never had to do. Anxiety?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello and Welcome -

I am sorry for the late response and hope this little guy is doing better and your GF has talked with his pediatrician about what's going on.

Here are a couple of resources that may be helpful -

Nausea and Vomiting: A Mom's Guide for the Family
Anxiety, Stress, and Stomachaches

Please keep us posted and let us know how things are going,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.