Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

19 month old will no longer sleep in her bed...HELP?
Grace22282 posted:
Let me start by saying that my daughter did great until about 3 weeks ago sleeping in her own room all night, then we had to lower the mattress because she discovered she could climb out. So now the bed is on the lowest setting, which is fine other than I let her fall asleep out of the bed and then take her and put her in it. I'm 6 months pregnant with our second DD, so now I can't keep my DD up close to me until I get her to the mattress a.k.a. - she wakes up on the way down. Now she's been sick for the last 4/5 days, so that's made things a little more difficult. I've raised one end of her mattress to help with her coughing. Last night I got her in bed and she slept in there for about 2 hours before waking up- then I tried for 30 minutes to get her to go back to sleep and in the crib, she did for all of 5 minutes, then started coughing/crying again. My DH got up with her and tried as well and eventually gave in and brought her to our bed. WHAT DO I DO???? I'm EXHAUSTED. I don't sleep well with her in the bed. Also, how old does she have to be before I actually give her a pillow? I think that might help things, something to sleep on/hold on to. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Exhausted 6 month pregnant mom of 19 month old....

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Exhausted Grace22282 -

This does sound so frustrating, I am sorry you are having to go through this and it is a good idea to get her into a different routine before Baby #2 arrives.

While waiting for others to respond here are a couple resources to check out -

Make Your Kid's Bedtime Battle Free
9 Ways to Make Child's Bedtime Easy

Let us know if this is helpful,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Parenting and health tweets from Dr RoyExpert
Hello everyone-- I've been a volunteer contributor here on this board for a few years now, and hopefully my posts have been helpful. I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.