Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

my 4 year old has never ate solids and they blame me
tjsmommy08 posted:
My 4 year old has never ate solids and gags and vomits anything textured, they have ran tests, and tried forcing him to eat. it breaks my heart they blame it on me. Ive tried everything. todays dr visit i was bashed as a parent once again they wont listen to me when i mention senories or texture issues

lenono97 responded:
Time to find a new doctor. Period. Have your son evaluated by "early intervention" and/or a speech therapist in your area.

tjsmommy08 replied to lenono97's response:
this is the 4th Dr with no results, Im taking it into my own hands and when i get to childrens mercy for his scope im gonna demand occupational therapy. how do you cut out entirely a childs source of nutrition and say eat this or starve. thats what they all tell me to do. ive had enough of it and i think they all need to find a new profession, hes obviously not going to outgrow this..they all say its alarming im allowing him to control me. maybe i need to send them here and see it is not just my child.

Helpful Tips

Parenting and health tweets from Dr RoyExpert
Hello everyone-- I've been a volunteer contributor here on this board for a few years now, and hopefully my posts have been helpful. I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.