Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
Vision Changes
dotsonj posted:
My 5 year old son has been complaining the past few days about his eyes going crazy. He says just all of a sudden everything will look normal and then everything will look far away and small, and it will usually just last for about 10 minutes and then everything looks normal again and he also sometimes gets a headache after this happens. I talked to his pediatricia yesterday about it and she said he sounds like migraine symptoms but I am not convinced. Just wondering if I should have him checked out further?

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
What he's describing sounds like "Alice in Wonderland Syndrome". I found this site with more info: http://www.aiws.info/

While migraines can cause this, there are other triggers. I would begin with a careful history and physical exam to be sure that's what it is.

Best of luck!

Helpful Tips

Parenting and health tweets from Dr RoyExpert
Hello everyone-- I've been a volunteer contributor here on this board for a few years now, and hopefully my posts have been helpful. I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.