Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Who to take care of the kids if something happens to you?
    nganb posted:
    I have an issue that many people don't want to deal with but needs to.

    I have two small kids, 7 and 5. I need to do my will/living trust, but I cannot find anyone I trust to leave the kids with in case something happens to me and my hubby.

    We don't trust any of our family members (he side or my side). They are either too emotionally and financially unstable. Or they may be responsible enough, but we fear they would blow thru the insurance money (not financially stable enough). Or they are not mature enough to take care of kids. Finally, some family members and close friends are not able to take on two extra kids.

    What do we do in this case? The only thing we can do is pray one of us is alive until the kids are in college to avoid this dilemna.

    It sucks that we don't have normal family members to depend on.
    Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi nganb and Welcome -

    Thanks for posting such a great question. You are correct this is something we do not want to think about but need to.

    Do you have a close friend you would consider?

    You may be interested in this article, Ten Things to Think About: Choosing a Guardian for Your Child .

    Has anyone prepared for this?


    Helpful Tips

    Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
    Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

    Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.