Skip to content
An_247035 posted:
Where do I begin? My teen, step son (hate that word really), has started to be very difficult to deal with. It's your typical PAS (Parental Alienation Syndrome) case where he gets to do whatever, is never disciplined, and is bought anything his heart desires by his Mother. He is 16 years old, and thinks he should be allowed to go wherever he wants, even on school nights. My husband, despite his beliefs, has been willing to bend some. Now that school is started he thinks he shouldn't be gone every night. It has become a struggle. It seems we are the only ones trying to discipline him. Of course, after his Mother let's him do anything, he doesn't want to mind or even be with us as a family. His girlfriend is much younger than him (we don't really agree with that either), and the girls Mother comes over to the house and sits in our driveway while they hang out. It's weird and uncomfortable? We have told him that she is welcome to come in the house (the girl friend) and hang out there, but he won't. Worse, come to find out (according to him) the girl friend is "scared" of my husband. Her Mother is friends with the ex, and I guess she has told the girls Mother how horrible my husband is. My husband and me don't know what to do. We feel like we have been villainized just for expecting him to not be gone every night, do his homework, or any other responsibility. I feel guilty for wishing I didn't even have to deal with this. I've told my husband he needs to request family counseling and make sure to include the Mother, but he's just so tired of dealing with her.

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.