Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Please help with some advise...
    An_247074 posted:
    Please don't bash me... If you have any questions i will answer them....I'm experiencing a nervous breakdown! Had a baby,my oldest son is in trouble with law, my 2 other children live with father that is abusing them but CPS said not enough evidence and because of my history I need to get a lawyer, got one but keep hearing horror stories from children. Stepson is out of control, gets whatever he wants. my mom don't talk to me. no family to talk to. My counselor quit working. I have all the signs but if I admit myself I am afraid it will affect the courts decision for me to get custody of kids back! Long story but willing to answer any questions... please help! OVERWHELMED!!!
    kay_kay75 responded:
    I think you need to find a new counselor and possibly take some anti anxiety and or anti depressant medications to help. LIfe can be overwhelming at times but you have to take care of yourself in the end. Take a deep breath and try to think about what is best for you all the way around.
    hgreenwood7058 responded:
    I agree with the pp. I would try and get a new counselor. You have a lot of stress which will negatively impact your emotions and health overall. Anti anxiety meds may help but even talking can (you could talk to your primary care provider about meds if you choose and he may prescribe something without you being admitted unless he/she is afraid you may hurt yourself). I would also may recommend finding an outlet to let some steam off so your not constantly keeping all the stress bottled up. Maybe walking, jogging, yoga, music, writing. Anything really that won't be a hazard to your health. I am sorry this is all happening but you need to take care of yourself so when you get your children back you can take care of them too. Best wishes and take care.
    Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
    In addition to these great responses from our members we wanted to pass along this resource link - Crisis Assistance

    If you suspect there is abuse, please be persistent. Talk with their teachers or caretakers.

    Also, calling one of the crisis resources to let them know how YOU are feeling may help to network and get you set up with a counselor. Please also reach out for help for yourself.

    Check back in and let us know how you are doing.

    Take care of yourself,

    Helpful Tips

    Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
    I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    17 of 26 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

    Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.