Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Please help with some advise...
An_247074 posted:
Please don't bash me... If you have any questions i will answer them....I'm experiencing a nervous breakdown! Had a baby,my oldest son is in trouble with law, my 2 other children live with father that is abusing them but CPS said not enough evidence and because of my history I need to get a lawyer, got one but keep hearing horror stories from children. Stepson is out of control, gets whatever he wants. my mom don't talk to me. no family to talk to. My counselor quit working. I have all the signs but if I admit myself I am afraid it will affect the courts decision for me to get custody of kids back! Long story but willing to answer any questions... please help! OVERWHELMED!!!

kay_kay75 responded:
I think you need to find a new counselor and possibly take some anti anxiety and or anti depressant medications to help. LIfe can be overwhelming at times but you have to take care of yourself in the end. Take a deep breath and try to think about what is best for you all the way around.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I agree with the pp. I would try and get a new counselor. You have a lot of stress which will negatively impact your emotions and health overall. Anti anxiety meds may help but even talking can (you could talk to your primary care provider about meds if you choose and he may prescribe something without you being admitted unless he/she is afraid you may hurt yourself). I would also may recommend finding an outlet to let some steam off so your not constantly keeping all the stress bottled up. Maybe walking, jogging, yoga, music, writing. Anything really that won't be a hazard to your health. I am sorry this is all happening but you need to take care of yourself so when you get your children back you can take care of them too. Best wishes and take care.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
In addition to these great responses from our members we wanted to pass along this resource link - Crisis Assistance

If you suspect there is abuse, please be persistent. Talk with their teachers or caretakers.

Also, calling one of the crisis resources to let them know how YOU are feeling may help to network and get you set up with a counselor. Please also reach out for help for yourself.

Check back in and let us know how you are doing.

Take care of yourself,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Toddlers and Calcium
Toddlers need calcium for healthy bones/teeth. 700 mg/day = 2-3 eight oz glasses of milk but also in other food/fortified sources as well. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.