Includes Expert Content
Nail Polish Ingested
avatar
pddnosasd posted:
I have a six year old daughter who still sucks her finger. Other family members still paint her nails, even though I have asked them to stop. My daughter sucks the polish off of her fingers. I need to know if this can create any permanent damage to her body or mind.
Reply
 
avatar
Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
I don't think a little dried nail polish is likely to be toxic. After all, many adults bite their nails. Still, to be sure, the best resource for ANY parent with questions about a potential poison ingestion is to call the national Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222. They're open 24/7, it's a free resource for parents (and pediatricians!)