Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Back to School!! Are You Ready?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
It's that time, the lazy days of summer are coming to an end! Meet the teacher, class schedules, school supplies, packing lunches, setting alarm clocks, first day jitters.....

What is the most difficult adjustment you and your kids make when beginning a new school year?

Anyone getting ready for the first day of kindergarten?

Today we get to meet my daughter's teacher and tomorrow she begins 2nd grade! After spending about $70 on school supplies (not including uniforms) we are almost ready to go! We are going out for an early celebratory dinner with friends and hoping for an early bedtime. Getting out the door at 7:15 tomorrow morning may be difficult!!

Share your ideas for an easy transition and check out our Back to School Guide.

Elizabeth

butterflygarden responded:
My son started back this week. Am I a bad mom if I say I was super ready? LOL

He was so bored this summer. All of his friends were in some sort of camp, and he moped around here driving me batty.

I don't look forward to the extra expense of school. They do seem to nickle and dime you to death...school supplies for your kid, supplies for all the kids whose parents can't or won't send any, fund raisers, t-shirts, football games, sports equipment, lunch money...the list goes on and on.

Most difficult adjustment is homework. He is so used to free-wheeling over the summer that getting back into that afternoon homework routine is brutal.

Butterfly

Helpful Tips

Toddlers and Calcium
Toddlers need calcium for healthy bones/teeth. 700 mg/day = 2-3 eight oz glasses of milk but also in other food/fortified sources as well. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.