Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Back to School!! Are You Ready?
    Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
    It's that time, the lazy days of summer are coming to an end! Meet the teacher, class schedules, school supplies, packing lunches, setting alarm clocks, first day jitters.....

What is the most difficult adjustment you and your kids make when beginning a new school year?

Anyone getting ready for the first day of kindergarten?

Today we get to meet my daughter's teacher and tomorrow she begins 2nd grade! After spending about $70 on school supplies (not including uniforms) we are almost ready to go! We are going out for an early celebratory dinner with friends and hoping for an early bedtime. Getting out the door at 7:15 tomorrow morning may be difficult!!

Share your ideas for an easy transition and check out our Back to School Guide.

Elizabeth

butterflygarden responded:
    My son started back this week. Am I a bad mom if I say I was super ready? LOL

He was so bored this summer. All of his friends were in some sort of camp, and he moped around here driving me batty.

I don't look forward to the extra expense of school. They do seem to nickle and dime you to death...school supplies for your kid, supplies for all the kids whose parents can't or won't send any, fund raisers, t-shirts, football games, sports equipment, lunch money...the list goes on and on.

Most difficult adjustment is homework. He is so used to free-wheeling over the summer that getting back into that afternoon homework routine is brutal.

Butterfly

Helpful Tips

Son Peeing
    I have a suggestion for the parents with the boy that is peeing in the house. Maybe he needs the "freedom" of peeing. I would let him go ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.