Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
Update and question--21 month old had a seizure
librarianmama posted:
Hi,

We finally got her in to do her EEG and her EKG. She did remarkable well!! The hardest part was keeping her awake. The EEG was a sleep deprived test. I got the results yesterday and I wanted to ask you a question. The EEG was fine. One little blast right before she went to sleep, but the neurologist isn't worried about it. But we've got to follow-up with a cardiologist because her EKG showed activity in the right ventricular region that the doctor said could mean she has an enlarged right ventricle. We'll have to have more testing. Now, you know the first thing I did was google this. lol What I read sounds pretty bad. Please tell me what this means.

Thank you so much!
Emily

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
EKGs are tricky, and the machine reading very often overinterprets everything. You need to hear what a ped cardiologist says about that EKG. It may be nothing, it may be something. Just can't say until someone who really knows their stuff reads it.

Best of luck, let us know!

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.