Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Kid's trouble at night
Tfcheng posted:
My daughter is 2.5yr old, and she has developed a behavior lately. She said she needed to pee constantly and so can't sleep. We have her urine checked and doctor said it is not urinary tract infection. Than we think she is using it as an excuse so she didn't need to go to bed. But this morning at 5am I saw her woke up and go to pee herself but just when she finished that and came into our room for about 10 sec, she went back to pee again. And not just that, she even picked up her potty and brought it into her room, sit on it and put a pillow in front of her so she can bent over and continue to sleep. This looks to me that she wants to sleep but something is actually bothering her. Based on our observation for the past few days, she seems okay during the day, very energetic, eat, drink normally, but when the night comes, these behavior start to show up. is there anything other than UTI that I should be worried about? Only her frequency increased but not volume, I don't know if they checked diabetes. She has no fever either. Thank you!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Tfcheng and Welcome!

I am sorry to hear she has been going through this, I can picture your cute little girl hugging her pillow!

Dr. Benaroch has talked about this problem here. I was also to find more information on one of our other sites, Medscape .

Be sure to follow-up with her doctor to see what their thoughts are about this behavior.

To connect with other parents of 2 year olds for more suggestions please check out our Parenting: 2 Year Olds Community.

Hope all are getting a good night's sleep very soon,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.