Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
my 5 year son has been throwing up for a week?
An_248881 posted:
my son started last wed night throwing up 1 time, next morning he was acting just find. so he went to school and they call and told us that he throw up at, so we pick him up and came home with him. then next 3 days he did the same thing, then he start a diarrhea the next 2 days but also everytime he ate aftre bout 1 hour he throw up again, also had a lil rash brake out over his lip and beside of his mouth on the corner but has no temp with all this... please could some one help me on this..

Take the Poll

my 5 year son has been throwing up for a week?
  • stomach bug
  • lower gi
  • infection
  • other
vote
View Poll Results

hgreenwood7058 responded:
two questions. Has he been eating anything new? You say he had a rash break out so I am curious. Is it only after he eats or eats certain things with the vomitting?

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
He's got both vomiting and diarrhea. This is almost certainly a viral gastroenteritis ("tummy bug"). Offer light, small, frequent meals and sips of fluids, he'll be OK.

If he continues to be ill or has frequent vomiting, take him to his doctor-

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.