Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
son is 2yrs old and accidently got all his vaccinations up to kindergarten
scaredmom posted:
So I took my son in for his 2 year vaccinations and was told that he received all of the vaccinations that he needs plus all that he needs up through Kindergarten. I'm very upset this happened and was wondering is there any thing bad that happens from this? And do we really know if there is? I just don't know if there is an adult that has had this happen to them and they are okay with no ill side affects.
Can this in any way hurt my child?

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
I'm not sure I understand. The usual vaccine schedule has a gap from about 18-24 months until kindergarten at age 4 or 5. Other than yearly flu vaccines, nothing is usually given in that gap. So most 2 year olds aren't due for any vaccines until kindergarten. That's not accidentally, that's what's supposed to happen to protect kids safely and effectively.

Were some vaccines given earlier than they were supposed to have been given? Which ones?

Helpful Tips

"Napux, the Cow" - Improving Healthy Habits trough Community TV in Mexico
Mexico has become the fattest country in the world, but at the same time here in the state of Chiapas there are children starving. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.