Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Absolutely hating being a step mom right now!!!
StacyVaughn posted:
To a boy, 7 and a girl, 4. Aside from all the bad behaviors. I'm 34 weeks pregnant, and am just finding everything they do very intolerable. We have them every other week+weekend. Dad works, I stay at home and watch them. We currently just have one vehical. So I'm also having to drive across town to drop dad off at work, than rush to pick up his son, than have to pick dad up again. I'm terrified of driving, I hate driving, it completely stresses me out. But I have to. I haven't been getting to bed till five or so in the morning. I mope all night about how I have to wake up in the morning and do it all over again. They're constant repeating everything. Screaming. Not listening. I know is expected of them, but hard to handle now that I'm so pregnant and in pain. To have to pick up after them, cook, etc. it hurts just to walk. The n sleep is making me super grouchy. I feel like I can't do it anymore. I'm at my limit. There is no other baby sitting options though. I'm tempted to just say see ya! Going to stay at my parents house on bed rest till the baby comes! I'll let you figure out the rest...

Any advice? Coping? Thoughts? Ideas?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Oh, Stacy, I am so sorry to hear you are dealing with so much and feeling this way. I'm just going to throw out a few ideas and hopefully other will chime in -

Please make some time to sit down with your husband to explain how you are feeling. Can you make any other childcare arrangements with their mom until you deliver and the the first few weeks you are home with the new baby? Can your mom help out on the weekends? Can your husband carpool with someone?

Maybe think about changing up the routine when the kids are at your home. Plan ahead and have structured time for play, movies, craft. Try to get into a different routine. Your husband can even "pack" lunches before he leaves for work. (We do this during the summer, I work from home and it is difficult when you have LO's at home.)

Rest during movie time. Exhaust them during play time by have them run around outside. Involve the kids in getting ready for there new sibling.

Please try to get some rest and sleep for yourself, you just may need to escape to your parents house. Take some time to "Bliss out" and relax with this guide.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing,
Elizabeth

cshyronia responded:
I would see if someone could come help you. When i was pg with my last child I had a 4 yrs old and got pg when my baby was 5 months old so he was 14 months when I gave birth. Let me tell I was so exhausted and just wanted to rip my hair out some days I also work 40 hrs a week DF works nights I work Days so he was no help and we didnt even see each other. until Friday and I works sat and sun. So take a deep breath find a movie for them to watch or some type of activity to keep them busy. Make easy meals or meals that last couple days

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.