Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Seven year old boy curious about death?
StacyVaughn posted:
Here's the thing. His real dad walked out of his life while he was a baby, and he has no idea he exists. His mom started dating my fiancé when he was one, so he became daddy, and still thinks so. His mom lets him play x box all day every day, but not kid games. He plays like call of duty. So he has become obsessed with guns, bombs, killing, etc. I'm pretty sure she has cut back the video games now though. Anyway. When he draws, he draws like Demonds, devils, monsters, and aliens. Labeling good and bad. He drew a smiley face on his sheets, but it had the slanted eyebrows, making it look mean or evil. Earlier he was playing wi the bunny with his aunt and randomly asked: how do bunnies die? Like if a wolf ate it or something? I can't recall precisely, but I do remember him asking about death in an odd way like that before. Than just a minute ago he started hitting himself in the head with his fist, telling his brain to shut up. And said he couldn't shut his brain off, and said that a few times. While he did that, he made this odd face with his eyes like rolled up. He had made that same face while I was talking to him right before this happened, cause he got in trouble and I was explaining to him why.

Is any of this normal? Should he be so curious about death so young?

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.