Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

sick child
hohosmommy posted:
My son has not been able to breath through his nose for almost 3months now. At first they said it was just a virus and did nothing. Second visit said it was allergies and gave nose spray and allergy meds. Third visit got a referal to an ent. Ent said his tonsils and adnoids were swollen. Fourth visit said it was bacterial and gave antibiotics. He has run a fever between 100.4 and 102 for six days now. Called the Dr. again and they changed his antibiotic. He has been on it for 4days now and temp is around 99, but spikes for no reason to 101 sometimes. He was out of school all last week and just went back today. Has a temp again, is cranky and now sleeping. He just started with a redness under his eyes, on cheeks and his nose. He doesn't have another appointment with the ent till the 14th to discuss taking out his tonsils and adnoids. But being a parent this is frustrating and I hate seeing my son so blah. Something isn't right. Should I demand blood work now?

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.