my experience
sbrown1950 posted:
Born 1950
Perthes diagnosed 1957
Hiip Replacement 2012
My hip was destroyed by legge perthes disease. I had it replaced last week and am recovering now. I suspect my doctor had never done a perthes patient because he was quite suprised at what he found - he said the hip was "just awful". I did not feel deprived as a child nor do i now. I did the things i wanted to do in moderation. I was mainstreamed into the public school system which was a new idea in the fifties.

I expect to remain moderately active for the rest of my life - hopefully i will be able to walk with no restrictions.

I can talk for hours about my experiences. Email me with any questions but tend to go on and on

i will be glad to answer questions..

Take the Poll

How many other people in your neighborhood also had perthes?
  • none
  • 1
View Poll Results