Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
second MMR?
fatom posted:
HI ...my baby boy is 2 years old he have some Symptoms of autism it is not cmfirmed the doctor told me until he is three years old , his second MMR can i delay it ? he hadhis first in 12 month and now he is due to have the second but i want to delay it till he is 3 year is it ok?

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
There is no reason to delay the MMR or any other vaccine. Rates of measles in particular -- which had been essentially eradicated in the 1990s-- have shot through the roof, especially in France and the UK where anti-vaccine hysteria has taken root.

The entire MMR-autism link was the creation of a single paper published in 1998. Not only was it bad science, but it's since been revealed that the entire paper was a fraud. It was "made up" by a single man who was taking money under the table from lawyers pursuing litigation against MMR manufacturers. It is a hideous, disgusting travesty that has created a tremendous amount of fear and distraction, and has set back the effort to fight autism. Read more: http://briandeer.com/wakefield-deer.htm.

Don't give in to baseless fear. Protect your child. And vigorously pursue the evaluation and treatment he needs-- most kids with autism do very well with therapy, improving tremendously. It is not easy, but there are very effective treatments including OT, ST, ABA, and social skills training. Best of luck.

fatom replied to Roy Benaroch, MD's response:
thank you very much

Helpful Tips

"Napux, the Cow" - Improving Healthy Habits trough Community TV in Mexico
Mexico has become the fattest country in the world, but at the same time here in the state of Chiapas there are children starving. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.