Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

mild fever with tummy ache in 7 year old for 4 days
concernedad posted:
Hello,
My son is 7 years old and has a mild fever for 4 days now. He was awoken to extreme stomach pain. We assumed viral so we waited a couple of days. on the 3rd day his pain was prominant so we took him to the ER. The ER physician conducted physical tests, CT scan, Xrays, UTI test and blood work. The leg push method of him lifting it in the air while the physician resisted was negative, CT was negative, Xrays were negative, UTI negative, Blood work displayed an increase in neutrophils. His temp is normal in the mornings and raises up to around the low 100s during the day. Appendicitis hasnt been ruled completely out but i do not want him to have needless surgery. What could be causing his mild fevers and stomach pains. He otehrwise is a happy, healthy child but we are becoming very concerned as we have been told that evem the CT scan isnt 100% accurate. I cant seem to find the answers we need to combat his problems. Please advise.

Helpful Tips

Toddlers and Calcium
Toddlers need calcium for healthy bones/teeth. 700 mg/day = 2-3 eight oz glasses of milk but also in other food/fortified sources as well. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.