Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

ounce intake for baby
mom2aboy3 posted:
my son is 9 mths old he has his check up this week sometime and i was just wondering what his ounce intake should be right now he has 4 oz of formula between his meals and he wakes up normaly 3 times in the night but last few days only once it seems as though everytime i move him to 5 oz he starts spitting up more and seems to be really cranky when he was 2 weeks old his pedi told us he thought he had reflux cause he spit up through his nose alot and all but didnt put him on any meds until he was 4 mths old when he said he was under weight but if i cant keep formula down in him then how is he spose to gain weight he put him on pepcid and then at his 6 mth apt took him off of th emeds he seemed to be ok with out the meds cause he was getting three meals and his pedi said with him eating regular food it should clear up and he should be able to take more formula to a feeding to make him go longer well everytime like i said we up his ounce intake and he just spits up all the time and hes really cranky my plan is to talk to his pedi again about the spitting up and crankyness when you up his ounce intake so what should his ounce intake be

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.