Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
my 6 year old boy tummy pain
burkey posted:
My 6 year old boy has complaned about his tummy now for over a year but it seems only to be at bed time or close to it so i thought he was playiny games but the last few days it seem to bother hem more and not only at bed time but some times like after school but it dont seem to slow hem down,last night he was crying just before bed and i asked hem whats wrong and he said my tummy so i asked hem if he wants to go to the hospital and he said no but to make a Dr apointment and for hem to say that, I know that he is telling me the truth.I pushed on his tummy where it hurts and it dident give him any more pain.
Can you help...

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
Belly aches seem to come up a lot on these boards. This past discussion has a lot of good info and might be a good place for you to start:

http://forums.webmd.com/3/parenting-exchange/forum/3651/9

Belly aches for a year certainly warrant an in-person evaluation at the pediatrician. I don't think he's lying about it- that isn't a thing six year olds do.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.