Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
Low Grade Fever after bing sick
Mommyincollege posted:
My 18 month old son has had it rough the past month. He had the flu, the next week he had an ear/upper respitory infection, the next friday we had tubes put in and his aidnoids taken out, and that saturday we were back at the hospital and found out he had RSV. Now here it is a week after all of this, and he is still running a low fever (99.9-100.9). He is tired all of the time, He goes to bed at 9:30 and sleeps till 10, and then takes a 2-4 hour nap during the day. Is it normal for this to be going on? He just seems soo tired. Is there anything i can do to get him feeling better? It just seems like every time i turn around he is sick again.

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
That is an unlucky amount of ick, even for a toddler. Where's he getting exposed to all of this?

A typical RSV infection does last a few weeks, with continued cough and misery. I'm not that surprised that he's still not well after that, especially considering he probably wasn't in great shape heading into that infection.

Still, it's been long enough that he certainly should be re-evaluated at the pediatrician.

Best of luck-

Mommyincollege replied to Roy Benaroch, MD's response:
It is like this all the time. I have had him in daycare, keep him at home. If its around, he gets it. He even had his flu shot this year and got that too. We went last friday to his pedi, and she changed some of his allergy meds around, but it is just the same. I guess its a good thing it isn't getting worse. Thank you.

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.