childhood memories......
An_250877 posted:
How far back does anyone think a child can recall memories from their childhood?

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I have no idea but I know I have been able remember things when I was around 2 years old (I was pushed off of a set of outside stairs by my cousin and broke my leg). I remember where it happened and everything. And several other memories as well as a young child.

itsashayduh responded:
I have memories from as young as 1 year old. I remember my mother having my baby brother and the dog we had around that time among other things. The funny thing is that when i bring things up to my dad about things that i remember and he is just amazed.

lissab91 responded:
My earliest memories stem back to when I was about two or three. They are very short and seem to only lasts about a couple of minutes at a time but I feel as though I have a ton of them. I went through a period of time when I was about two when I had nightmares basically every night and would rush down to my parents room. I also have memories of sneaking into my refridgerator late at night to snack on leftovers when I was about the same age. It's very weird but my oldest and most vivid memories seem to have happened at night or when I was experiencing extreme emotions such as alot of fear (for instance, the nightmare experiences). I once heard that if events or moments in your life occur and you feel a strong emotion you are more likely to remember it, which seems very true in this case.

scperdomo7 responded:
I can recall memories from as early as 2 and 3 yrs old, I believe. As another poster stated, most seem to have strong emotion attached to them. I almost drowned when I was about 3 and I can recall that memory pretty clearly.

An_251607 responded:
I am not sure. I remember when I was @4 and fell and broke my arm. I remember the Dr. I also remember around this same age I think I remember walking to store near my house and going a wrong turn and getting lost. A man scared me but he went and told my Mother that I went the wrong way and she came to get me.

MyHaloisCrookedNotCracked responded:
How far back? Interesting! They "should" do an extensive study on this question. I wouldn't be surprised if children can remember their own birth. I'm 63 years old. My earliest memory was before I was a year old. I was being held in my mother's arms as she was feeding me with a baby bottle. She wanted to see if I could say, "Mama." My mind's thought was, "If I start to talk, you won't treat me like a baby anymore." I remember that I was too young to hold the bottle by myself. As my personality started to develope, my mother (years later) told me I was a very stubborn child, with a mean streak. (Toddler age, that is.)

An_251552 responded:
when I was two I remember going to an unfinished house with my cousins and my other cousin was moving a lot there then he hit his head on a wood with a nail on it. lol I remember it like a movie

ReneFern responded:
I can recall childhood memories from when I was like 2 years old, only a few, then again age 4-5. From age 5 on I have many memories.