Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Yeast Diaper Rash Question:
juggalete posted:
my 18 month daughter has a really bad Yeast Diaper Rash, we went to the doctor and the stuff she was given is just not working, who has any tips or tricks weather they are just weird or crazy I have heard it so please as long as there is a chance to make this go away and so shes not in so much pain I am willing to try anything as long as it doesn't cause physical harm. The doctors are just no help. Maybe you can be. A friend told me to try Pro-Ex but walmart didn't have it last night, yes like I said it's weird since it's for well something different in a sense. But I need some other ideas. We have tried doctors non of them have been any help, so please don't tell me to take her to the doctor, I did that and tried other doctors. She was put on nystatin and that is not working, also she has been going diaperless for the past 2 days (I don't care about my rug as much as I do her and not being in pain). Please tell me you have some ideas.

lenono97 responded:
We had to try different products until we found one that seemed to work. We use a petroleum based product on my son, typically just the store brand. I have heard warm baths are also effective. Have you tried switching diaper brands? Perhaps it's a reaction to the diaper or the diaper is not very good at keeping a wetness off the skin.

juggalete replied to lenono97's response:
it has since gone away, but we can only use the brand we are using. For both my kids for some reason all other diapers except pampers make their skin break out. So we only will use pampers. Not going to try switching again after what happened to them. But what happened was that the yeast part had been treated and gone away, but the underlying rash didn't, because it wasn't being treated. Once we figured out that the yeast infection had been cleared and treated we using petroleum and the rash is 90% better.

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.