Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

speech delay
sajiak posted:
Dear Doctor

My second Son baby Mohamed Sinan and his age is about 3 year and 5 months, he have savior speech problem, he say only 3-4 words till now like "MOM" , "TATA", "ONE" Etc, actually he started saying these words about 18 months before and no other words or no progress, when we try to teach him, he never listen to us and avoid us and try to play some physical play activities, he watch TV Cartoon and recognize the movement and react, we tested his Ear (Bara Test) and blood and thyroid test, and all are OK and positive result

Looking for advice and help about his speech delay

Regards
Sajid Aruvan
Saudi Arabia

lenono97 responded:
Hello,
First of all, I am not a doctor. This site is mostly discussions between other parents. However, I do have some advice. Have you son evaluated by "early intervention." This is typically a service provide through the school district and is no cost. Contact the school district for information. If appropriate, they will provide a speech therapist and other support services. Did you talk to the doctor about your concerns at his 3 year check up? If not, give the doctor a call. She will also have some advice. My son's doctor was concerened about him not talking at 18 months! If yours is not talking at 3 years, it's time for an intervention. Good luck.

lenono97 replied to lenono97's response:
Sorry, I just realized you were in Saudi Arabia so the "early intervention" may not apply. However, contacting the MD or a speech therapist would still be a good idea.

Helpful Tips

Parenting and health tweets from Dr RoyExpert
Hello everyone-- I've been a volunteer contributor here on this board for a few years now, and hopefully my posts have been helpful. I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.