Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Bed time
Nancyjo1217 posted:
My granddaughter, 22months, used to be a very good sleeper. One night, while I was babysitting, I put her to sleep and she cried. I left her for 5 minutes. When I got back she had thrown up in her crib and climbed out, that was the first time she climbed out too. Se has not willingly gone back into her crib since. My daughter tried again to put her back yesterday and she threw up again. Any suggestions would be helpful. This has been going on for about 10 days, and we are out of ideas.

momuv4girls responded:
My oldest daughter threw up every night at bedtime for months.....I remember it like it was yesterday!
Ugh, I feel for you guys!!

Typically, when a child feels safe, calm and secure in their surroundings, this shouldn't happen......(unless they are physically ill).
In our case, we had moved to a new environment - new home, new town, and my daughter (who still to this day is "sensitive"), felt disrupted and internally upset. (she was 1 1/2 at the time).

So, I would ask, have there been any disruptive events lately? A move? new people in the home? New caregiver? New baby? Some event, that your granddaughter is experiencing?

Some children are just more sensitive, and like I mentioned my oldest daughter is still very sensitive to her environment, and when a child is so very young, and can not verbally express their disrupted feelings, they can display them by crying, and crying to the point of throwing up.

Sorry you guys are going through this, I hope some of my info helps!!
-Kathleen

Helpful Tips

Predicting adult height !Expert
There are a couple of ways to predict adult height for toddlers. The simplest way is to double the child's height at age 2. Another ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 55 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.