Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

My 8 year old has major decision making issues.
Colt45x22 posted:
She refuses to answer if you give her options. For example, when I ask if she wants to continue playing a game or not, she insists that I decide and refuses to give me a "yes" or "no" if I ask her whether or not we should stop playing. When we went for ice cream the other day, She asked me to pick her ice cream for her and I said she had to pick. She refused and we ended up leaving without ice cream. Anybody else experience this? Anyone know what can be done to help her get over her fear of decision making?

Colt45x22 responded:
Furthermore, she gets extremely upset during these incidents and will lock herself in her room after.

momuv4girls replied to Colt45x22's response:
I am wondering if she has always been like this, and now its gotten more extreme?

Are there any other behaviors she does that concern you?

Does she have friends that she plays with?
What do her teachers at school say ?

A bit more info would be helpful - - Thank you!
-Kathleen

Helpful Tips

Parenting and health tweets from Dr RoyExpert
Hello everyone-- I've been a volunteer contributor here on this board for a few years now, and hopefully my posts have been helpful. I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.