Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

children sleeping with the tv on all night
cmmac posted:
Dr.my friend is a single father. He has a 7 yr old daughter. She is a healthy little girl, except a little egzima. He puts his daughter to be with a video on, but let's it play over and over all night long. Often you can even hear from the other room. I have seen info about the issues w children watching tv Before bed, but nothing about kids having it on all night long, and I don't know of her waking or having bad dreams. She seems to sleep well, but I don't think that it can be good for her and i'm concerned health and development. I would really like your medical opinion, and medical facts pertaining to this. I know that its not good, because of the tv light and noise,but I need your help in detail. . Thank you so much.

momuv4girls responded:
FYI: The Dr. doesn't post on this board anymore : (

But, I did find some informative articles for you to pass along to your friend.

Preparing the body for sleep is very important, and not doing so can cause long-term problems - especially when you are "training" a young child for lifelong habits.

There is a lot of good info. out there, with real studies to prove this - - hopefully your friend will listen and take the t.v./video thing seriously.

http://www.med.umich.edu/yourchild/topics/sleep.htm

http://www.drfranklipman.com/sleep-tips-top-10-sleep-mistakes-and-their-solutions/

Take care!
-Kathleen

Helpful Tips

"Napux, the Cow" - Improving Healthy Habits trough Community TV in Mexico
Mexico has become the fattest country in the world, but at the same time here in the state of Chiapas there are children starving. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.