Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Behavior issues
oriocookie posted:
My almost 3 yr old is having difficulty at daycare. Not wanting to share and lashing out at the other kids. it is becoming more and more frequent. The daycare director has even suggested he see a doctor. But he is not this way at home, except on the occasion that his big brother picks on him. He is generally a very cuddly laid back child. He has been sick the last few weeks, but I am not sure this is the only thing. What can/should we do? I can't risk him being kicked out of daycare, but he is not thriving there like his brother did. Can I have a neutral person observe what is going on during the day to see if there is more issues than just him lashing out?

hgreenwood7058 responded:
It couldn't hurt to have another person observe his behaviors (would recommend someone that your son isn't super attached to since he might act differently if there is someone he knows there). I wonder if its more the attachment type of thing. Where he isn't overly used to not being around family so maybe he is trying to cope? Maybe its also lack of one on one time with him. So he feels bored and thinks maybe if he acts out that someone will pay attention to him. It couldn't hurt to see a pedi to see if they have recommendations either.

My son is the opposite. Its more so him being a stinker. He is generally super laid back at his sitters and when she watches her nephew he loves to play with him (at first he wasn't the biggest fan but got used to him, he would actually act out if he wasn't there because he got too bored haha). Then when he comes home he is what we call "crack head baby". (he is 18months). He turns into this wild child and if he could bounce from walls he probably would lol. He climbs on everything that he shouldn't and gets into everything. He is super super active. We appreciate he does it to us vs the sitter though. He gets bored easily.

Helpful Tips

Toddlers and Calcium
Toddlers need calcium for healthy bones/teeth. 700 mg/day = 2-3 eight oz glasses of milk but also in other food/fortified sources as well. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.