Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    7 yr old with constipation
    Mattsmom16 posted:
    It seems my 7 yr old has constipation issues.
    His dr recommended giving him flax seed / flax seed oil

    Is this more effective than the pedia lax enemas and laxatives?
    momuv4girls responded:
    When my daughter had constipation issues, her pedi recommended using Miralax daily.

    It worked great!

    Mattsmom16 replied to momuv4girls's response:
    how quick does it work?
    momuv4girls replied to Mattsmom16's response:
    In a day or so....but its something you should use for a few weeks, to get him on-track.

    There are always Enemas - if he needs faster relief. You can buy an infant one, and I bet that would work too.

    Mattsmom16 replied to momuv4girls's response:
    I am wavering between the Enema and pedia lax tablet. I guess both provide the desired effect.

    Helpful Tips

    Son Peeing
    I have a suggestion for the parents with the boy that is peeing in the house. Maybe he needs the "freedom" of peeing. I would let him go ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

    Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.