Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Super Emotional Middle Child
Motherofthreegirls posted:
I'm a mother of three girls (7, 41/2 and 21/2). For the first two years, my middle daughter dealt with the new addition beautifully. She is not a jealous child and never exuded any signs of jealousy or emotional distress. However, for the past three months she has gone through an emotional roller coaster. Every word sets her off, anything and everything will set her into a crying, screaming frenzy. I miss my smiley, bubbly daughter who used to laugh hysterically and have fun at any situation. She's the love of my life and I adore everything about her, but don't know how to handle this change in behavior. She comes home an hour earlier than all my girls from school. In this time, we do anything she desires...that's our special time everyday and I give her loads of love and attention throughout the day. She is in the middle of two very strong children and she has always been weaker and more susceptible to being hurt by words or someone saying 'no' to playing a game with her. I just want to make her tougher and stronger and have my old baby back. What do I do? PLEASE POST AND HELP...

momuv4girls responded:
I think you are right to be concerned when you see a change in behavior.

You say its been the past 3-months.......so prior to that, where there any issues of excessive sensitivity at all ?

You mention she is in school - is that pre-school or Kindergarten?
What do her teachers at school say about her behavior? Have they noticed this change?

A bit more info would be helpful in giving you some thoughts...

Thank you,
-Kathleen

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.