Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

sudden change in child activity
veronica91 posted:
My five year old has suddenly gained weight she has went from a size 6 to a size 12 in 3 months. She falls asleep within seconds of getting in a car. She is sleeping in class. She moves very slowly doing anything. Its causing problems with her learning. She will suddenly fall asleep during conversations. Standing up. When I tell her to wake up she says she is awake its her eyes. Her eyes are sleeping but she isnt is how she explains it.

momuv4girls responded:
If you haven't yet taken her to the pediatrician and discussed this, I would ASAP.

You are right to be concerned when there is any drastic change in a child's behavior.

This definitely warrants a Dr. visit - - if you did if fact take her to the Dr., what did he or she say ??

-Kathleen

Helpful Tips

Predicting adult height !Expert
There are a couple of ways to predict adult height for toddlers. The simplest way is to double the child's height at age 2. Another ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 55 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.