Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    sudden change in child activity
    veronica91 posted:
    My five year old has suddenly gained weight she has went from a size 6 to a size 12 in 3 months. She falls asleep within seconds of getting in a car. She is sleeping in class. She moves very slowly doing anything. Its causing problems with her learning. She will suddenly fall asleep during conversations. Standing up. When I tell her to wake up she says she is awake its her eyes. Her eyes are sleeping but she isnt is how she explains it.
    momuv4girls responded:
    If you haven't yet taken her to the pediatrician and discussed this, I would ASAP.

    You are right to be concerned when there is any drastic change in a child's behavior.

    This definitely warrants a Dr. visit - - if you did if fact take her to the Dr., what did he or she say ??


    Helpful Tips

    Son Peeing
    I have a suggestion for the parents with the boy that is peeing in the house. Maybe he needs the "freedom" of peeing. I would let him go ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

    Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.