Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

peeing on the floor
An_254178 posted:
My daughter is turning 8 next week and just recently started peeing on the floor. Last week it was the carpet in the bathroom and after much coaxing she finally admitted to doing it and said she wanted to get her brother in trouble because he got her mad.
A couple days ago I noticed her room smelling like urine and confronted her this evening about it as the smell is getting worse by the day. After much coaxing again she finally admitted to peeing on her carpet in her bedroom at the end of her bed. I even asked her directly if she was peein on the floor and she just continued to lie.
Initially she said she wants more attention from her brother (whom is 10, almost 11). Then she said she was too lazy in the morning to go to the bathroom, which is beside her room.
We moved into this home almost 2 years ago but they started a new school this year. She had a rough time with transitioning and was initially damaging potential friendships in an attempt to get back to her old school. She did this by lying, bullying and trying to get children in trouble and then telling us at home she was being bullied. We have rectified this issue but now she is peeing on her carpet.
She said she has only done it a couple times this week. I am wondering if I should just work through this with her or what kind of medical issues could this stem from.
I am at a loss and understand she is having difficulty with changing schools but do not want to avoid seeking professional help if there is really something wrong. Help please... Just looking for advice for my baby

momuv4girls responded:
I think it would be wise to seek out a professionals help here.

In my opinion, the behaviors you describe are not "typical", and since you mention starting a new school, her initial unhappiness, along with the urine episodes....I believe finding a really, good Child Psychologist could be very helpful.

I would do some research, talk to her pediatrician and ask for some referrals - then take her in for an evaluation.

Take care,
-Kathleen

fcl replied to momuv4girls's response:
I very much agree.

Helpful Tips

"Napux, the Cow" - Improving Healthy Habits trough Community TV in Mexico
Mexico has become the fattest country in the world, but at the same time here in the state of Chiapas there are children starving. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.