Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

6 year old with diarrhea
ameliacal posted:
My 6 year old was sent home from school on Wednesday due to diarrhea. His belly hurt and he didn't have an appetite (this is a child who normally eats non-stop). Today is Friday, and he is still experiencing some diarrhea. He only went twice both yesterday and today (so far), Wednesday he went several times.. His appetite is definitely returning, and he swears his belly doesn't hurt. He is well hydrated, does not have a fever, and is running around the house with his normal gusto. The only time he has ever had diarrhea before this was due to an antibiotic he was on for strep, so I'm not sure if 3 days of it is normal if he is working something out of his body, or picked up a bug of some kind. There are several kids at his school with a stomach bug. I'm not sure when/if I should call his doctor, or if I should be (even more) worried. Any advice/input would be great. Thanks so much!

Helpful Tips

Son Peeing
I have a suggestion for the parents with the boy that is peeing in the house. Maybe he needs the "freedom" of peeing. I would let him go ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.