Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Unknown vaccine
An_255127 posted:
My son went in for his "12" month check up and vaccines yesterday (he was 5 days short of being 13 months). He received 4 shots yesterday, 2 in each leg. The last 2 shots were mmr and chickenpox. The last vaccine entered one point and exited another point and the vaccine leaked out of the exit point. The nurse is not 100% which vaccine it was, mmr or chickenpox? Our pediatrician recommended waiting 4 weeks and revaccinating both to ensure he is covered. So one of the vaccines will for sure be a double dose and possibly even a double dose for which ever leaked out, since we are unsure how much of it got into his system! Do you recommend revaccinating? If so how long should we wait? Since we are unsure if it was the mmr that leaked, will it be safe if he gets a 3rd dose at 4 years old assuming he did get it?

Anon_475 responded:
Vaccinations are really minute doses and doubling up on one is not dangerous but can ensure that your child is covered. I would get it done. No, getting a 3rd dose at 4 years old is not going to be dangerous either.

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.