Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

co sleeping with infants
An_255293 posted:
How do we feel about co sleeping with 7 week old infant????? Been having issues with parents that think this is ok????

Take the Poll

C
  • undefined
  • dont understand
vote
View Poll Results

suzylou responded:
my own preferance is Not to sleep with a 7week old......the risks are immense...this is the right time to get a routine going of bath and bed.....wrapped up in the cot and nice and snug..if the child is crying , a little rock or snuggle is ok...but leave the child in their own bed...or you will suffer later on..x good luck x

Anon_475 responded:
If this is not your child then it really is none of your business ...

harst456 responded:
I do not think this okay!! It is a very scary thing, and so dangerous. I am trying to get myself out of this, I have a 2 1/2 week old and sometimes I fall asleep with him in the middle of the night, i lay on my back propped up a tiny bit on the arm of the couch, and he lays on his belly on my chest, he loves laying like that, and he wont sleep in his crib, bassinet or swing. I definatly dont recommend it, and am finally getting him to sleep in his swing somewhat, but i just try soooo hard not to fall asleep on the couch with him!!

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.