Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    suzylou posted:
    My 11 yr old son has had Perthes all his life and also in both hips.He lives on Paracetamol and Ibuprofen.He has had no treatment for this condition as we were told there was nothing could be done until he stops growing.He has also a 4cm difference in his leg length which means he has to wear a built up shoe.He is so very brave and tries to get by on a daily basis, even when he is in pain.He uses a wheelchair for longer distances, but walks when he can.Night time is the worst time, when he is resting he is in pain...He started High School in September and this is proving hard.His teacher in Science is refusing to allow him to sit down.I am so angry.I am already battling to get home to school transport and school to home again and feel i am ignored and not taken seriously.My son cannot fight himself so its up to me...Why dont people understand if a disabled child has needs then they need to be fulfilled without predjudice or judgement?

    Helpful Tips

    Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
    Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

    Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.